Belgarde BVBA cares a lot about your privacy. We therefore solely process data required for (improving) our services and handle the data we collected about you and your use of our services carefully.
Belgarde BVBA acts in all cases according to the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means among other things, that we:
• Clearly state for which purposes we process personal data (by means of this Privacy Statement);
• Limit our collecting of personal data to only those personal data required for these purposes;
• First request your permission to process your personal data in those instances where your permission is required;
• Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and that we require the same from those parties commissioned by us to process personal data;
• Respect your right to have your personal data presented to you upon your request, as well as your right to have your personal data be changed or removed.
Belgarde BVBA reserves the right to amend the Privacy Statement if changes in our policy, business operations, law or jurisprudence give cause to do so. It is advisable to check this Statement regularly for changes. On this page you will always find the most recent version.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, then you can contact us through the following options:
1. Company data:
• Name of company: Belgarde BVBA
• Website: www.belgarde.be
• Telephone number: +32(0)36770444
• E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• VAT-number: TVABE 0421.062.944
2. What types of personal data do we process?
When placing an order with us, registering for or using one of our services, or when requesting a price or (product) advice, we will be requesting you to provide us with personal data. In some cases, we may be requesting additional (personal) data relevant to your situation. This makes it possible to handle your questions and/or requests. You are in control on what personal data we process. When you, however, choose not to provide any or some personal data required to provide you with a product or service, then it may be possible that said product or service cannot be supplied to you.
We gather or use no information for other purposes than those purposes described in this privacy statement unless we have obtained your prior written permission. Please find below an overview of the personal data processed by us:
• Name and address details;
• Telephone number;
• E-mail address;
• Bank details;
• IP address for functional cookies;
• User account information: account number, user name, and password.
To render you the best service possible, we keep track of which products and services you order from us and which you may be interested in. This may lead to us approaching you through our newsletter or through other means with sales campaigns or information on our products and services. If you would prefer to not or no longer receive this information, then you can unsubscribe at any time (email@example.com). We will then remove your data from our mailing list.
Enquiries sent to our staff or complaints filed with our company may also be archived in our systems, ensuring that we can render you a better service next time.
3. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data to maintain our business relationship with you. This entails:
• Communication (customer service, providing of information, quotations);
• The processing of your orders and arranging of delivery at the correct/provided address;
• Invoicing and processing of payments;
• Processing of warranty requests;
• Complying with legal obligations;
• Improvements to our products and services;
• Tracking of visitor statistics (Google Analytics) of our website.
It is also possible that we may use your data to double check your solvency with credit information agencies.
When contacting us, telephone conversations may be recorded and listened back to with a view to quality improvement or for the improvement of our relationship.
4. For what time period do we store your personal data?
We store your personal data as long as you remain a client with us or show interest in the services of Belgarde BVBA. We do not store your personal data longer than what is legally allowed and is required for the purposes and the carrying out of services that we gathered the data for. How long the data are stored for, is therefore dependent on the nature of the data, the purposes that these are processed for and the probable (legal) administrative obligations. The storage period can as such differ for various categories of data.
5. Sharing of data
Where required, your data will be shared internally. Our employees value and respect the confidentiality of your data.
We only share your personal data with third parties when this is required for the carrying out of an agreement that we maintain with you (e.g. forwarding organizations to arrange for delivery of goods), or to comply with a legal obligation.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties located outside of the European Union.
6. Your rights pertaining to your personal data
You can always contact us to enquire what personal data of yours is processed by us. You also have the right to:
• Have your incorrect data be rectified;
• Limit (or object to) our processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing;
• The removal of (certain) data;
• Having your data transferred to a different party;
• Revoke your earlier given permission to use your personal data for a certain purpose.
Please write us an e-mail with your request (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Security / safe shopping
Belgarde BVBA values a safe shopping environment. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. In addition to others, we have taken the following measures:
• Every person on behalf of Belgarde BVBA who may be informed on your personal data, is bound to a secrecy involving your data;
• We maintain a username and password policy on all of our systems;
• We make back-ups of the personal data for restoration in the case of physical or technical incidents;
• Our staff is fully informed on the importance of protection of personal data;
• We make use of safe connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) through which all information between you and our website will be shielded when entering personal information.
We make use of functional cookies required for the functioning of a website. These cookies save the products you stored in the shopping cart and enable you to stay logged in after leaving the website. In addition, we make use of analytical cookies to obtain a better understanding in the use of the website, and in order to improve the user experience.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, then we request you to contact us immediately. If we do not manage to come to a solution, then that would be unfortunate. You always have the right to file a complaint with the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’ (transl. ‘Authority Personal Data’), which is the supervisory authority on the protection of privacy.